For the next month, we’re encouraging aspiring feminine ladies to participate in “31 Days of Heels,” our month-long event where women are taking the challenge to wear heels everyday this month. Join us in looking and feeling sexy this month! Wear your heels at work, at the club, at church and with family. They can be a low as two inches or 6-inches; wedges or stilettos! Take photo of your shoes and share your photos by using the hashtag #ladiesagain.
Why are we wearing heels this month? We’re doing this because we acknowledge the scientific fact that high heels display the female form to advantage. As the campaign gets underway, we’ll publish articles that explore the importance of high heels. Wear those heels ladies!
We’re giving away items all throughout January as part of “31 Days of Heels.” The goal of this contest is to get the word out about this new movement to empower women through femininity. As you know, here at Ladies Again, we are all about accentuating women’s natural strengths. We want to (as much as possible) encourage women to love who they are as women and not try to become men, just because they feel it is the only way they can get ahead.
There is a saying that “you can’t beat a man at his own game”, and the truth is we are not going to be able to outshine men by trying to become like them. Being a feminine woman is a beautiful thing with inherent strengths. So, with this contest, we are hoping to encourage women to “take back femininity” by embracing a tried and true tradition and method of bringing men to their knees…the high heel!
That’s right, ladies. We are strutting our stuff in the month of January and getting women talking about how awesome it is to be women again. We’re getting rid of the fear and embracing the power of the feminine. It’s like Marianne Williamson’s famous quote:
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure…We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? …. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you…. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
So, shine ladies! There’s no better time! We want to encourage you to wear those heels, and feel free to share with us your stories about how wearing heels has changed your world. Are people taking notice more? Did it bring back the spark in your marriage? Did it make you feel sexy again?
The icing on the cake is that we’re giving out prizes! Yes, that’s right. This is a contest and the winners will receive Ladies Again Swag Bags! The swag bags will contain an assortment of fashion accessories, including:
- Four pair of earrings
- Four necklaces
- Cute furry ear muffs
- Bedazzled cellphone case
- a signature fragrance spray
At the end of the month there will be a raffle drawing. Two winners will be selected. One will be selected based on the number of entries, and another will be selected via a random drawing. You can enter as many times as you like.
There are many ways to enter the “31 Days of Heels” contest:
- Tweet, Instagram or Facebook a picture of your heels with the hashtag #ladiesagain (one post good for one entry and every share is another entry).
- Comment on any article on ladies again (each comment relevant to any blog post or conversations happening in the comment section are good for one entry…spam/random comments will have you eliminated from the contest).
- Share an article (using the #ladiesagain hashtag will help us track your entries, but if you don’t use the hashtag, email us at lilacblue[at]ladiesagain[dot]com with a link to your post so we can count it towards your entry).
- Do a blog post (write a blog post on your blog and include a link to the “31 Days of Heels” challenge). You can email us a copy of the article so we can count it towards an entry for you.
- Do a YouTube video that references the “31 Days of Heels” challenge on Ladies Again and put a link to Ladies Again in the description. The video, plus the link are good for two entries.
How the winner will be selected:
- Our team will tally the scores at the end of each day and keep track of all entrants on a spreadsheet
- Every day a leader board will be updated with the top 5 contestants and how many entries they have submitted throughout the contest
- In the end the person with the most entries, will win a swag bag
- The second swag bag will be distributed via a random drawing (obviously, people with more entries will be at a slight advantage)
- The winner will be selected randomly
Creative tweets, posts, videos and blog posts may be shared via the comments section of Ladies Again (so you might earn yourself some personal publicity as well!)
Author: Lilac Blue
Lilac Blue is writes about femininity, love and family in a world that has been drastically altered by industrialization, secularism, misandry and misogyny.