In October 2014, I joined the Ladies Again team with the agenda of embracing my femininity in order to achieve my goals.
With my birthday coming up in a little over a month, I have been thinking a lot about how far I have come on this journey. The answer is: not that far.
I’ve begun posts about getting healthy again, finding a husband, making money and revamping my image. However, in all honesty, I have not kept on top of my new commitment to the extent that I had hoped.
- I have not lost any weight (I may have gained some).
- I have not had a steady and healthy romantic relationship.
- My career is on shaky ground (and I’m broke).
- I’m sitting here wearing an old t-shirt with grease stains on it.
However, what I have accomplished is:
- I have taken up power-walking and have gotten outside several times a month
- I began a diet blog
- I have connected with men on and offline in various ways (more intentionally than in the past)
- I left the job that I ranted about in one of the first blog posts
- I’ve written a couple of e-books
- I have worn makeup a LOT more than I used to
- I have gotten serious about my Christianity
I have made these small strides in the past 4 months, but now I’m ready to take a few leaps. Here is my plan to make that happen.
I will be focusing my Ladies Again journey on four main areas:
Number 1: Career Goal: To become a home business
- We at Ladies Again recognize how hard it is for a woman to feel empowered in her femininity when she is tied down to a traditional career (Punching the clock is often incompatible with raising a family). I personally, have no interest on selling my family time to a faceless corporation that I probably hate. So, for this reason, one of my goals is to empower myself by doing something I have always dreamed of (i.e. become an entrepreneur). I feel that doing this will make me happier, healthier and give me more freedom to nurture healthy relationships.
Number 2: Marriage Goal: To be in a meaningful romantic relationship by December of 2015
- Playing the tomboy role and chasing my career my whole life has left me lonely and awkward at 30 years old. For this reason, I have some catching up to do. Utilizing dating advice, resources and maybe even websites, I intend to put myself out there in a meaningful way and record my process here on Ladies Again.
- I will be using dating techniques from various books which I will review and discuss on this blog. My first book selection is Get the Guy, which is a book written by Matthew Hussey, a man (and dating coach) that I first discovered on youtube about a year ago. Look out for my review and discussions about how I’m applying the ideas in that book in later blog posts.
Number 3: Beauty Goal: To achieve a more feminine appearance and embrace my natural feminine physical strengths
- This is crucial to the execution of my marriage goal and plays into my health goal as well
Number 4: Health Goal: To steadily and consistently lose weight until I reach 125 lbs
This is merely a brief overview of my four pronged approach to becoming a Lady Again. I hope to go into further details on these goals in future articles. So, stay tuned!
What steps are you taking to meet your objectives this year? Leave a comment or a question. We would love to hear from you and we would love to help!
Read next: Why I Decided to Become a Lady Again
Author: African Femininity
African Femininity is a first generation American-born Nigerian. That basically means, her parents were immigrants and raised her with a mix of selective cultural values from both traditions. Needless to say, this left her with a very dissonant understanding of what being a “lady” meant. Now, as an un-married 30 year old woman, she is on a mission to delve to the root of being a woman in a world where conflicting cultural values and traditions are leaving many confused and disillusioned. She use the power of the pen to defend a woman’s right to choose her own lifestyle: be it housewife, social climber or being conventionally employed. Check out her Amazon author page for books written by her at http://amazon.com/author/shadowjackson